News & Events
Visit my Mosque Open day
Visit My Mosque - Open Day
The “Visit My Mosque” day is an engaging free event for anyone who would like to develop their knowledge and understanding of Islam on the 5th February 2017 between 11am to 5pm.
Please come along, invite your friends, Colleagues and Neighbours.
What to Expect
- Guided Tours
- Free Resources
- Q/A Sessions
- Islamic Gifts
OPEN TO ALL - MEN - WOMEN - CHILDREN - FROM ANY BACKGROUND
All adult visitors and children above the age of 10 are requested to observe modest dress when visiting the mosque. Most aspects of a standard school uniform are quite appropriate except for that which may expose any part of the body.
Female visitors should cover their heads to show their respect to other worshippers and to enrich their own experience.
Young children under the age of 10 are not considered to be adults and may dress as they do in school unless they wish to adopt any part of Muslim attire for the day (hats/scarves) to enliven their visit.
All visitors are requested to:
- Respect the peace and prayer of worshippers inside the mosque.
- Remove shoes in certain specific areas around the mosque.
- Keep food and drinks out of the mosque, except areas that have been designated as eating areas.
- Not bringing any animals into the mosque.
- Abide by the general rules of the mosque as displayed around the building.
- Not smoking in the building or the mosque’s courtyard.