Services & Facilities
WHAT SHOULD I DO IN CASE OF DEATH IN MY FAMILY:
1) Contact the Imam or the secretary of the Al-Rahma Masjid Liverpool. Phone 0151 709 2560 for further information of the procedure.
2) Obtain the relevant death certificate from your Doctor or Hospital where ever the person has died.
3) Take the Certificate to the local Registrar Marriage & Death Office.
4) They will issue you with a green certificate to release of the body.
5) Take this green certificate to our Funeral Directors. They will arrange every thing.
6) The body will be brought to the Masjid for Gusal on the day you wish the funeral to take place.
7) In certain cases where a further inquiry is necessary to establish the cause of death the case may be referred to the Coroners Office. In this case the Coroner will issue you with the relevant paper which should be taken to our Funeral Director. Name and address of our Funeral Director where you should take the papers that the Registrar Office will issue you is as follows:
Liverpool Al Rahma Funeral Service ( Independant Muslim Funeral Director)
Tel: 0151 32 44 222 - Mobile: 07 44 21 21 222
8) The Funeral Directors will then be able to release the body from the hospital and store it in their Mortuary and according to your instruction received from you will then fetch the body to the Al-Rahma Masjid for Gusal and Janaza purpose.
9) Your Masjid will then arrange for the Gusal of the body in accordance with the Islamic Law.
10) Soon after Zohar prayer the Janaza prayer will take place in the Masjid for the deceased.
11) The Mayat will then be taken to the cemetery for burial, you may also consider transport for others to accompany the funeral with the Funeral Director.